http://<a class=”twitter-timeline” href=”https://twitter.com/Lutzreadtosoar?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw”>Tweets by Lutzreadtosoar</a> <script async src=”https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>
THE SOAR Literacy Classroom is a busy place.
Our goal is to strengthen our reading and writing skills!
Did you know that…
- Being a reader means you’re more likely to learn something new every day.
- People who read are more likely to vote, exercise, and be more cultural.
- Reading enhances your memory.
- Reading helps to boost your analytical thinking.
- Reading expands your vocabulary, so you’ll sound like a genius.
- Fiction books increase your ability to empathize with others.
- People who read are more likely to get ahead when it comes to their careers, and life in general.
The link above is an example of a student who has learned the six syllable types, and can read fluently. The student is on Step 9 (out of 12 steps in the program) and demonstrates his accuracy and fluency. In the video, he is tracking and attending to the phrasing and punctuation of the text.